Our apposite government and industry experience as well as invaluable insight of the strategic objectives and commercial realities facing communication businesses help our clients achieve their objectives.
The telecom sector is a very capital intensive sector and involves high value investments. The mobile phone industry is also experiencing a parallel upward surge, and a parallel enhancement in technologies used. With the liberalization of the Indian economy, the telecom sector has become very attractive for mergers and acquisitions. In rapidly changing telecommunications industry where the telecom companies around the world compete on both global and domestic front, instances of industry consolidation are on the rise.
We advise both providers and users of telecoms services including banks, lessors, telecom operators, investors, equipment suppliers, export credit agencies and government authorities on the full spectrum of transactions in the telecom sector that includes:
- Complex acquisitions
- Strategic sales and alliances
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital investment
- Mobile banking services
- Mobile license acquisition
- Network sharing agreements
- Outsourcing (ITO/BPO)
- Satellite procurement, launch and leveraging of capacity
- Telecoms and infrastructure finance
- Towers infrastructure and network rollout
- Transitional service agreement
- Antitrust/regulatory and intellectual property matters.